Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Zs...@seagate.com on 2003/11/04 20:24:08 UTC

checkout problem - existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

This is what I get when checking out a project on some of the clients, but
not all:

A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\command.h
A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\control.h
A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\event.h
A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\message.h
A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\filter.h
A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\compare.h
A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\eventmgr.h
A  SGIO\DDK\MEI\MPI\INCLUDE\adc.h
A  SGIO\DDK\readme.txt
A  SGIO\DDK\NI-DNET
A  SGIO\DDK\NI-DNET\Manuals
A  SGIO\DDK\NI-DNET\Manuals\NI-DNET Programmer Reference Manual.pdf
A  SGIO\DDK\NI-DNET\Manuals\NI-DNET Getting Started for Windows 2000_XP.txt
svn: RA layer request failed
svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/repos/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: An
existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.   (
http://aas.nrm.minn.seagate.com)
C:\AAS_SDK\lib\SGIO>

What does this mean? It is really wierd it only comes on certain machines.

server: RH9 latest update, apache 2.0.47-0.1  svn Powered by Subversion
version 0.32.1 (r7505).
clients: win2000 with TortoiseSvn

Thanks,
Zsolt

Re: checkout problem - existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 14:24, Zsolt.Domokos@seagate.com wrote:

> svn: REPORT of '/repos/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: An
> existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Why did Apache kill the connection?  Look in its error_log for clues.