Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2017/02/09 22:08:37 UTC

HDFS space quota work getting close

Hiya,

I wanted to put out a quick note that the space quota work (HBASE-16961)
is getting pretty close to something I'd feel comfortable hitting "master".

The last "big" changeset is under review now, leaving only much smaller
bug-fixes (instead of the big feature work). There is some necessary
documentation and metrics work required, as well as some suggested
refactorings (offline) to some of the shell commands.

Anyways, if you're interested, please feel free to take a look at the
HBASE-16961 branch, set hbase.quota.enabled=true in hbase-site.xml, and
check out the updated help message on `set_quota` in the shell. Of
course, feel free to reach out too.

- Josh