Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Aaron Johnson <so...@gina.net> on 2000/04/01 06:17:43 UTC

Checkboxes

Gerald,

I normally avoid checkboxes like the plague, but I have a site that
really needs them to make data entry easy.  Since I am extremely lazy I
set about having the unchecked and the checked values sent by enabling
EMBPERL_OPTIONS 8192
Which works great for the INPUT fields, but not the Checkboxes.

I am using this to test the values in an external module:

sub ffld_test {
my ($jj,$output);
 foreach $jj (@HTML::Embperl::ffld) {
 $output .= qq|$jj = $HTML::Embperl::fdat{$jj}<BR>\n|;
 }
 return($output);
}

The checkboxes have a name and value of 1 if checked.  The 1's are
coming through, but the unchecked boxes are not.

Is there another option I have to check?
I am expecting to much again?
I searched the docs, but there was only one occurance of checkbox.

I poked around in the source a bit between lines 800 and 820, but my
knowledge of how Embperl ties in with mod_perl API calls is still a bit
fuzzy.  I added some print LOG statements, but I didn't get any of the
output I expected :^(

Where does the C code get included or is that a behind the scences
function of Perl in that it looks for the so or dll files automatically?

embperl 1.3b3dev

Aaron Johnson

Re: Checkboxes

Posted by Aaron Johnson <so...@gina.net>.
Well, I guess I was expecting to much of the browser.
When I awoke from my coma I realized that the standards say the browser
doesn't have to (shouldn't) send forward unchecked checkboxes.