Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Zack Glennie <z...@zglen.com> on 2012/11/16 22:33:31 UTC

Open Source booster, recently relocated to Tel Aviv, Israel - volunteering for QA

Hi all,

First let me say that I am a huge fan of the Open Source software movement,
for its potential to bring benefits to our worldwide baseline technology
experience.

For the last two years I have been the Technical Lead for a small,
fast-growing education consulting firm in Boston, but I have recently
relocated to Tel Aviv, Israel. I do not have formal experience in QA, but
as the Tech Lead for my company, I designed, delivered and supported
numerous tools which are used daily by a growing staff (currently over 150
employees).

At present I am searching for full-time employment in software development
support. By volunteering for this project I wish to learn about UX, UI
design and formal QA processes.

With regard to the project requirements:

   - I have used OpenOffice off and on since 2007 (but I confess I am more
   skilled with MS Office).
   - My training is in physics and I developed software in my last job -- I
   am detail-oriented.
   - I am currently dual-booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.10.
   - Specialized skills: I speak Chinese and I am competent to review
   Chinese-language interfaces. I have a basic working knowledge of the exotic
   typography used in Chinese publishing (full-moon letter characters and
   alternative punctuation such as the serial comma character).

My resume is attached in PDF, and can also be found at http://zglen.com/cv/

At present, it appears that a number of Apache servers are down, including
the incubators.apache.org server (also apache.org (?!) and
projects.apache.org. I would like to review the training modules ASAP--is
there an alternative host for these files?

Thank you,

Zack Glennie

Re: Open Source booster, recently relocated to Tel Aviv, Israel - volunteering for QA

Posted by Zack Glennie <za...@gmail.com>.
(a few minutes later)

Never mind! The incubator.apache.org server has come back -- the QA
training modules are loading now with no problem.
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/index.html
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-qa.html

--
tel:+972 054 2914692