Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> on 2004/09/30 05:04:42 UTC

rewinding

I became aware of the 'rewinding' call to my 'pageBeginRender' methods a
while ago. I now just noticed that my form submit listeners are also
being called while the cycle is rewinding. I've never really been clear
why this whole rewinding thing occurs, but i'm sure i don't want my code
run at this point. am i right to put the following code in all of my
listener methods?

if(cycle.isRewinding())
    return;

Why does rewinding occur?
What other methods should i put the 'rewinding check' in?

--
Paul Stanton
Gunn Software

Re: rewinding

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
You are correct.

Rewinding is used by forms to set update form components to their new
values. You submit the form, rewind occurs before the page is called to
set the new values, then the page is set up and rendered. The rewind
gives the illusion of a stateful application. It means you don't have
to manually handle all those form values!

Jamie