Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2010/06/15 11:43:28 UTC

Remove "User", "Group" and "ScoreBoardFile" from mpmt_os2

I want to remove "User", "Group" and "ScoreBoardFile" from the OS2 MPM.

The directives have an empty implementation ignore_cmd() and have only
been introduced for consistency with those MPMS which did support it.

In trunk "User" and "Group" are no longer MPM directives, they moved to
mod_unixd, and "ScoreBoardFile" is implemented in the core though only
functional if APR_HAS_SHARED_MEMORY.

The removal from the OS2 MPM will break existing configurations (syntax
error) which use "User" or "Group" including the old 2.2 default
configuration (but not the most recent trunk default configuration).
Though this is annoying, tolerating non-functional directives which are
supposed to be security relevant isn't nice as well.

Opinions?

Regards,

Rainer

RE: Remove "User", "Group" and "ScoreBoardFile" from mpmt_os2

Posted by "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ru...@vodafone.com>.

IMHO for trunk this is fine provided that the configuration
trunk delivers for OS2 still works out of the box.

Regards

Rüdiger