Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/12/14 07:45:15 UTC

[4.14] missing adl on Mac

First there was [1], than the workaround was 'found' [2].

I do not know of a more structural fix since then, so my position on
the workaround remaining in the README until one is applied stands.

EdB

1: http://markmail.org/message/wo2t3zxdc5vr7viy
2: http://markmail.org/message/v6adlc5qlgz5h6rp

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

RE: [4.14] missing adl on Mac

Posted by Chris Martin <ch...@outlook.com>.
Hey Justin,

Tried on windows using cygwin and got the following error:

CMartin@cmartindt ~/documents/github/flex-sdk/ide

$ ./constructFlexForIDE.sh $FLEX_HOME /cygdrive/c/Users/cmartin/Documents/flexSDKs/4.6.0

The Apache Flex directory for the IDE is C:\Users\cmartin\Documents\GitHub\flex-sdk

The Adobe Flex directory is /cygdrive/c/Users/cmartin/Documents/flexSDKs/4.6.0

Copying the AIR SDK files to directory C:\Users\cmartin\Documents\GitHub\flex-sdk

Copying AIR SDK license.pdf

Copying AIR SDK Readme.txt

Copying bin/adl.exe

Copying bin/adt.bat

Copying bin/adl

cp: cannot create regular file ‘C:\\Users\\cmartin\\Documents\\GitHub\\flex-sdk/bin/adl’: File exists

If I create a adl folder it gets past and puts the adl file in the adl folder.  Which does not seem right. Not sure why Cygwin is thinking it needs a subfolder there. It does continue on and put the adt file in the bin folder as expected (as in it matches the bin folder for 4.6.0 source folder).  But then I get a different error which we may have to figure out later on.

CMartin@cmartindt ~/documents/github/flex-sdk/ide

$ ./constructFlexForIDE.sh $FLEX_HOME /cygdrive/c/Users/cmartin/Documents/flexSDKs/4.6.0

The Apache Flex directory for the IDE is C:\Users\cmartin\Documents\GitHub\flex-sdk

The Adobe Flex directory is /cygdrive/c/Users/cmartin/Documents/flexSDKs/4.6.0

Copying the AIR SDK files to directory C:\Users\cmartin\Documents\GitHub\flex-sdk

Copying AIR SDK license.pdf

Copying AIR SDK Readme.txt

Copying bin/adl.exe

Copying bin/adt.bat

Copying bin/adl

Copying bin/adt

Copying frameworks/libs/air

./constructFlexForIDE.sh: line 72: rsync: command not found

Traditionally I use the bat file to in my environment.  That does not copy down the adt or adl files.  I'll take another look at this later on today, but just wanted to get these results in to the group incase someone else may know right away what the same script file behaves differently from iOS and Cygwin.

Chris

Re: [4.14] missing adl on Mac

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Re: [4.14] missing adl on Mac

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Justin, thanks for 743748429

When tested and shown to be the solution, that negates my objection to
the changes to that section of the README.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27