Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/11 04:02:06 UTC

Elements versus Documents in EndpointReferenceUtils

I've made an annoying discovery.

The SchemaFactory we use in EndpointReferenceUtils ignores the systemId
on the DOMSource we supply for the schema. So, if it hates the schema,
it says 'null' all the time, since we give it an element!

It looks like the only way around this would be to use trax to create a
Document with a proper doctype node, since those can't be built by hand.

Annoying doesn't begin to describe.

I got here because we're getting a complaint that there's an <import>
missing in an Aegis schema, and I need to see which schema is missing
the import to diagnose. 'null' isn't terrifically informative as a
description. Since we feed the factory all the schemas at once ...