Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Gust, Thorsten" <th...@spiegel.de> on 2018/06/21 08:52:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect outside http web-address to an internal web-address

Hi All,

I tried to create follows configuration within our environment, but can’t find a working solution for that case, maybe some has an idea !?!

We have an external company which is connected via VPN to our network. Internal we have two applications (Confluence/Jira) deployed
with tomcat and we connect to it via apache 2.4. The internal address is in example “confluence.internal.de”, I can connect and everything
works fine.
But the external company needs to use as an external address “confluence.external.de” to connect to our internal application.

I’ve configured the apache as a reverse proxy and the external company can connect to the application, but the problem is that every
time the internal address “confluence.internal.de” shows up external what shouldn’t do. It should show the external link “confluence.external.de”
every time.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance and best regards
Thorsten

Thorsten Gust
IT-System Management

SPIEGEL-Verlag Rudolf Augstein GmbH & Co. KG
Ericusspitze 1
20457 Hamburg
Tel: +49 40 3007-2759
Fax: +49 40 3007-85 2759
E-Mail: thorsten.gust@spiegel.de<ma...@spiegel.de>

SPIEGEL-Verlag Rudolf Augstein GmbH & Co. KG, Sitz und Registergericht Hamburg HRA 61 755
Komplementärin Rudolf Augstein GmbH, Sitz und Registergericht Hamburg HRB 13 105
Geschäftsführer Thomas Hass

[users@httpd] Re: Redirect outside http web-address to an internal web-address

Posted by Christophe Jaillet <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.
Le 21/06/2018 à 10:52, Gust, Thorsten a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I tried to create follows configuration within our environment, but
> can’t find a working solution for that case, maybe some has an idea !?!
>
> We have an external company which is connected via VPN to our network.
> Internal we have two applications (Confluence/Jira) deployed
>
> with tomcat and we connect to it via apache 2.4. The internal address is
> in example “confluence.internal.de”, I can connect and everything
>
> works fine.
>
> But the external company needs to use as an external address
> “confluence.external.de” to connect to our internal application.
>
> I’ve configured the apache as a reverse proxy and the external company
> can connect to the application, but the problem is that every
>
> time the internal address “confluence.internal.de” shows up external
> what shouldn’t do. It should show the external link “confluence.external.de”
>
> every time.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance and best regards
>
> Thorsten
>
> Thorsten Gust
>
> IT-System Management
>
> SPIEGEL-Verlag Rudolf Augstein GmbH & Co. KG
> Ericusspitze 1
> 20457 Hamburg
> Tel: +49 40 3007-2759
> Fax: +49 40 3007-85 2759
> E-Mail: thorsten.gust@spiegel.de <ma...@spiegel.de>
>

> SPIEGEL-Verlag Rudolf Augstein GmbH & Co. KG, Sitz und Registergericht
> Hamburg HRA 61 755
> Komplementärin Rudolf Augstein GmbH, Sitz und Registergericht Hamburg
> HRB 13 105
> Geschäftsführer Thomas Hass

mod_proxy_html?

CJ