Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Michiel Blokzijl (mblokzij)" <mb...@cisco.com> on 2014/10/21 16:19:03 UTC

vcloud: has anyone tested spinning up cartridges with attached volumes/block devices?

Hi people,

Q1: Has anyone tried getting a cartridge to start on vCloud that has volumes attached to it?

Q2: I saw lots of todos in the Stratos code (https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cloud/controller/iaases/VCloudIaas.java).. are volumes handled differently?

Q3: if not, does anyone know if jclouds has the necessary support?

Thanks,

Michiel

Re: vcloud: has anyone tested spinning up cartridges with attached volumes/block devices?

Posted by "Michiel Blokzijl (mblokzij)" <mb...@cisco.com>.
Hi Udara,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I’ve created a JIRA for tracking this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-903

Please let me know what you find re: jclouds support for vCloud volumes. I tried looking here [1], but I’m not sure if that’s the place where the actual vcloud stuff happens?

Are these [2] the APIs that one would need to use to implement this?

Thank you!

Michiel

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/tree/HEAD/apis/vcloud/src/main/java/org/jclouds/vcloud
[2] http://demobox.github.io/jclouds-maven-site-1.7.1/1.7.1/jclouds/apidocs/org/jclouds/vcloud/domain/ovf/package-summary.html