Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Roberto Bucher <ro...@supsi.ch> on 2023/06/14 15:44:05 UTC

NUttX and TI boards

Hi

We are working with a*Launchpad TMS320F28379D *board and we are looking
if somebody already worked with NuttX on this board.

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Re: NUttX and TI boards

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
On 6/14/2023 9:44 AM, Roberto Bucher wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are working with a*Launchpad TMS320F28379D *board and we are
> looking if somebody already worked with NuttX on this board.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Roberto

There are a couple of older parts that are still supported with TMS320
designations, however, that doesn't tell you very much since that does
not refer to the CPU architecture.  Those are dual core ARM + C2/C3 DSPs
(with only the ARM side supported by NuttX).

The TMS320F28379D is very different.  It is a dual core 2 x C28x part
and there is no port for the C28x in the source tree.  The C28x appears
to be a a derivative of the C2x DSPs, although the description implies
that also draws from RISC instruction sets too.  It claims to be
software compatible with older C2x parts. There is no port for any TI
DSP in the source  tree now.

I recall that there was a C2x uCLinux port some years back so it is
certainly doable.