Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by sw...@iqmarketing.com on 2001/11/02 18:19:02 UTC

mod_proxy (using ProxyPass/Reverse) & mod_gzip

Has anyone been testing using mod_proxy with mod_gzip? This is of special
interest to me when combined with ProxyPass & ProxyPassReverse. I suspect
that mod_gzip isn't available for Apache 2.0, so the testing would probably
be on the experimental HTPP/1.1 that's available for the 1.3 series.

Also, how will mod_cache in 2.0 compare to Proxy to Squid?

Thanks for any input you may have.

S.W.
swilcoxon@iqmarketing.com

Re: mod_proxy (using ProxyPass/Reverse) & mod_gzip

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com>.
On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 09:19, swilcoxon@iqmarketing.com wrote:
> Has anyone been testing using mod_proxy with mod_gzip? This is of special
> interest to me when combined with ProxyPass & ProxyPassReverse. I suspect
> that mod_gzip isn't available for Apache 2.0, so the testing would probably
> be on the experimental HTPP/1.1 that's available for the 1.3 series.

Remote communications has released a alpha/beta version of their gzip
module for 2.0. I don't know if works with anything.

I have written a similiar module (mod_gz) which I can mail to you if you
would like. I know it works with proxy as I use them both.

..Ian

> Also, how will mod_cache in 2.0 compare to Proxy to Squid?
no idea.

--
Ian Holsman          IanH@cnet.com
Performance Measurement & Analysis