Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ndjensen <nd...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/28 19:13:35 UTC

Camel's plans for ConcurrentLinkedHashMap

Camel ticket 4345 added ConcurrentLinkedHashMap.

It seems that ConcurrentLinkedHashMap is included in the camel-core jar but
with a different package name of
org.apache.camel.com.googlecode.concurrentlinkedhashmap.  What is the reason
that ConcurrentLinkedHashMap is not a normal dependency and is instead
repackaged and included inside camel-core?  Are there any plans to shift it
to be included like other dependencies?

Besides the dependency oddity, are there plans to keep camel's copy of
ConcurrentLinkedHashMap up to date?  Currently the pom files in camel
indicate it's using ConcurrentLinkedHashMap version 1.4 but version 1.4.2 is
available.  https://code.google.com/p/concurrentlinkedhashmap/wiki/Changelog

Re: Camel's plans for ConcurrentLinkedHashMap

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We just rewrite the package name of ConcurrentLinkedHashMap to avoid the version conflict, as ConcurrentLinkedHashMap could be use in the container where the camel is deployed into.

I just updated the version to 1.4.2 in the camel master branch.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com