Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Varley <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/20 00:26:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_include anomalies with Apache 2.0.44, 2.0.46

Hello,

I posted this one the other day.  Just wanted to give
it one more try before I post a bug report.

We are experiencing a very strange problem with SSIs
under Apache 2.0.44 and 2.0.46.  In certain files that
we are serving, SSI directives stop being processed
about half way down the page.  Even more bizarre, if I
open up one of the problematic files and add a space
somewhere before where the includes stop being
processed, the SSI directives are then processed
properly.  I have then diffed the two files to verify
that, in fact, the only difference between the two
files is a single space.

I have done a bunch of experimentation with the
problematic files (lots of time in a hex editor
looking for weird characters), searched the news
groups, double-checked our configs and added debug
statements to mod_include to see if I could figure out
what was going on.  I think I have reached the limits
of my knowledge of Apache internals.

So basically, I'm writing to see if anyone else has
experienced a similar problem before I try posting a
bug report.

Kevin Varley

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_include anomalies with Apache 2.0.44, 2.0.46

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Kevin Varley wrote:
> I have done a bunch of experimentation with the
> problematic files (lots of time in a hex editor
> looking for weird characters), searched the news
> groups, double-checked our configs and added debug
> statements to mod_include to see if I could figure out
> what was going on.  I think I have reached the limits
> of my knowledge of Apache internals.
>
> So basically, I'm writing to see if anyone else has
> experienced a similar problem before I try posting a
> bug report.

I cannot say I have. Could you perhaps post the *absolute minimal* SSI
document that trigger this behaviour, and the result of it? Is there any
other pattern you see of which files are affected; big files, small files,
certain directives, etc?

Regards,
Robert Andersson