Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 18:20:30 UTC

[crypto] 1.0 RC2 Now Available

a second release candidate for apache-crypto-mailets is now available
from http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/apache-crypto-mailets/1.0RC2/

please take a few minutes to review what will be - unless issues are
found - the final release candidate

- robert

Re: [crypto] 1.0 RC2 Now Available

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> a second release candidate for apache-crypto-mailets is now available
>>> from http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/apache-crypto-mailets/1.0RC2/
>>>
>>> please take a few minutes to review what will be - unless issues are
>>> found - the final release candidate
>>
>> i'd like to cut FC this weekend so please take a look sometime soon

thanks stefano :-)

> Major: NOTICE and LICENSE from the binary distribution seems to be wrong
> (they don't reference stuff in the lib folder).

the DEPENDENCIES is correct and each library has a LICENSE shipped so
it's covered it's probably it would be better to use the same LICENSE
and NOTICE as source (rather than the maven generated ones), so i've
switch the build to do that.

> Minor: the binary dist include a "javadocs" and a "site" folder. They
> both contain the javadocs (duplicate content).

i've been trying to persuade maven to generate the site for the
release but it doesn't want too :-/

i've stopped the site being copied in since 'javadocs' is a better name

> Trivial: The sources include an empty tree org.apache.james.transport

thanks

should be removed now

> Question: I see we have both build.xml and pom.xml: I guess you used
> mvn. Does the build.xml still works fine? Otherwise maybe it is better
> to change the default goal to say something about using maven or to
> remove it (or maybe a simple comment on top of the file).

build.xml still works for me but i've added an echo to the default ant target

i'll cut another release candidate tomorrow

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> a second release candidate for apache-crypto-mailets is now available
>> from http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/apache-crypto-mailets/1.0RC2/
>>
>> please take a few minutes to review what will be - unless issues are
>> found - the final release candidate
>
> i'd like to cut FC this weekend so please take a look sometime soon

Major: NOTICE and LICENSE from the binary distribution seems to be wrong
(they don't reference stuff in the lib folder).

Minor: the binary dist include a "javadocs" and a "site" folder. They
both contain the javadocs (duplicate content).

Trivial: The sources include an empty tree org.apache.james.transport

Question: I see we have both build.xml and pom.xml: I guess you used
mvn. Does the build.xml still works fine? Otherwise maybe it is better
to change the default goal to say something about using maven or to
remove it (or maybe a simple comment on top of the file).

Stefano

Re: [crypto] 1.0 RC2 Now Available

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> a second release candidate for apache-crypto-mailets is now available
> from http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/apache-crypto-mailets/1.0RC2/
>
> please take a few minutes to review what will be - unless issues are
> found - the final release candidate

i'd like to cut FC this weekend so please take a look sometime soon

cheers

- robert