Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by krishnans <kr...@newbreak.com> on 2005/09/27 06:01:01 UTC

[users@httpd] problem in my .Net dll of Tomcat server downloading in IE

Hi!,
  I am embedding my .Net user controls ( created through Class library
template) in HTML object tag.
But the user control is not getting downloaded in IE 6.0

I created and compiled my dll using the .Net Framework and placed it
along with the HTML in
the ROOT directory of  Tomcat Web Server.

and my HTML looks as the one shown below.

 <center>
    <object id="container"   name="container" width="300" height="300"
      classid="http://10.1.30.67/NBFinalTest.dll#NBFinalTest.NBFinalTest"
       codebase="http://10.1.30.67/NBFinalTest.dll">
    </object>
 </center>

also i have added a mime typing in web.xml of the <TOMCATHOME>/conf
directory for dll download as shown below

<mime-mapping>
<extension>dll</extension>
<mime-type>application/x-msdownload</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

also i in the trusted sites of IE i have added my server's link...

and finally when i accessed my html using this URL :
"http://10.1.30.67/NBFinal.html"  the user control is not getting
downloaded....
can u please suggest me some possible reasons that why is the control
not getting downloaded.

I read that someone in this user group got successfully downloaded user
controls using Tomcat web server.
So please help me out in this regard....

Thank you.
Krishnan.S