Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/06 06:50:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Netbeans 10.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 3]

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing Apache NetBeans 10.0 (incubating)!

If this voting candidate passes, another similar voting will be started ongeneral@incubator.apache.org, and if that passes too, then we can release this version. This build will also undergo validation through NetCAT.

Apache NetBeans 10.0 (incubating) constitutes all but the enterprise cluster in the Apache NetBeans Git repo, which together provide the NetBeans Platform (i.e., the underlying application framework), as well as all the modules that provide the Java SE, PHP, JavaScript and Groovy features of Apache NetBeans.

In short, Apache NetBeans 10.0 (incubating) is a full IDE for Java SE and PHP, JavaScript development with some Groovy language support.

Build artifacts available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans/incubating-10.0-vc3

The specific artifact to be voted on:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans/incubating-10.0-vc3/incubating-netbeans-10.0-vc3-source.zip

Included in the above are the DEPENDENCIES, DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, and NOTICE files, as well as a README file with build instructions, which are the same as these:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/release100/README.md

SHA1: 028b47ca10118e616208e4949fb79c2e38d74fd5

KEYS file:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/netbeans/KEYS

Apache NetBeans Git Repo tag: 10.0-vc3 :

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/tree/10.0-vc3

Note: NetBeans license violation checks are managed via the rat-exclusions.txt file:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/release100/nbbuild/rat-exclusions.txt

Rat report shows no unknown licenses, except for license files:

https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-release/365/artifact/rat-release-temp/nbbuild/build/rat-report.txt

Included as a convenience binary, not relevant for the voting purposes (unzip it, run it and you'll see Apache NetBeans):

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans/incubating-10.0-vc3/incubating-netbeans-10.0-vc1-bin.zip

Release specific wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+10

How (and what) to try out the release:

1. Download the artifact to be voted on and unzip it.
2. Verify the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE and LICENSE file
3. Build it using the README provided by the artifact.
4. Look in nbbuild/netbeans for the NetBeans installation created by the build process.

If the above succeeds, i.e., Apache NetBeans installs and starts up vote +1 in this thread.

Note that according tohttp://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval  :

> Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED to download all
> signed source code packages onto their own hardware, verify that they meet
> all requirements of ASF policy on releases as described below, validate all
> cryptographic signatures, compile as provided, and test the result on their
> own platform.
Please try out the package, using the instructions above, and vote! The
vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache NetBeans 10.0 (incubating)
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding, i.e., you are an Apache
NetBeans PPMC member, i.e., your name is on this page:
http://home.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#netbeans , although
note the only real binding votes in the incubator are those of the IPMC,
i.e., in the next vote thread, after this one passes.

Laszlo Kishalmi
on behalf of the Apache NetBeans PPMC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Netbeans 10.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 3]

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
+1

sha1 fine
signature fine
LICENSE fine
NOTICE fine

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks for the windows launcher. This is clean now :D
Regards
Eric

Eric BARBONI | Research Assistant | T : 33.561.55.6964
ICS Team | IRIT | 118 route de Narbonne | 31062 Toulouse | France
eric.barboni@irit.fr

*Runtime:* Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_171-b11

*System:* Mac OS X version 10.13.6 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_US (nb)

Josh Juneau
juneau001@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/index.php/author/author/view/id/1866

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
*+1 (binding)*

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

- Verified sha1sum, LICENSE and NOTICE file
- Build Success (ant -Dcluster.config=release)

The version is Dev yet.
Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 20181113-unknown-revn)

Regards,
Junichi

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
+1

sha1 fine
signature fine
LICENSE fine
NOTICE fine

Note that we are currently in the PPMC vote. The vote is open for a minimum
of 72 hours or until the necessary number of votes (3 binding +1s) is
reached -- both of which are true. That means that now the IPMC vote should
be started, by you, the release manager. To discuss this, if needed, start
a new thread -- this is purely a voting thread, not a discussion thread.

Gj

Posted by Ricardo Pacheco <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Posted by Jens Hofschröer <em...@nigjo.de>.