Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by dayanand <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/26 08:06:03 UTC

Need help on messages getting stuck due to message selector

Hi,

 I am facing an issue regarding some messages get stuck in the queue.
The background of the issue is.

  1. We have 2 consumers configured to listen to the same queue.
  2. One consumer has a message selector criteria set while the other
doesn't.
  3. When the messages are pushed into the queue, they basically get shared
between the consumers.
  4. The consumer which doesn't have the criteria processes the messages
assigned to it without any issue.
  5. But the consumer that has the selection criteria doesn't process the
messages assigned to it due to the message selector condition.

Now my question is why the messages ignored by the second consumer (with
message selector) don't get reassigned to the first consumer(without
selector).

Could anyone help me in identifying the reason for it?

Re: Need help on messages getting stuck due to message selector

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
they should do, can you post your test case?

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com