Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2003/02/19 01:36:16 UTC

Firebird with Cocoon

Dear All,

Has anyone out there succeeded in connecting Cocoon to a Firebird database? It
just times out on me if I use the org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver driver, or tells me that
I am using an unsupported JDBC 2.0 feature if I use the
interbase.interclient.Driver driver.

I'm using a connection string of the sort:

jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost:3050//c:/desktop/database.gdb

A connection test from IBConsole tells me that I'm using "WI-V6.2.794 Firebird
1.0".

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Upayavira

Re: AW: Firebird with Cocoon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> That's a good point. I am also using 1.4, and I've never tried it with
> 1.3. Brian

Hmmph.

Just got Cocoon running with Java 1.4.1_01, and it still does exactly the same
thing.

It has just started reporting:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: log\test.log (The system cannot find the path
specified)

after some time ago having put the log4j jar into the lib folder. Any idea where it is
looking for the log\test.log file? Then it might be able to tell me more about what it
is doing.

Thanks for all of your help.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: AW: Firebird with Cocoon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Brian,

I've finally got Firebird working, by switching from the SQLTransformer to the
ESQL logicsheet. What a relief!

Can you send me the patch for the SQLTransformer? I'll see if that's part of it.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: AW: Firebird with Cocoon

Posted by Brian Johnson <jo...@yahoo.com>.

AW: Firebird with Cocoon

Re: Firebird with Cocoon

Posted by Brian Johnson <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Everything looks ok in your config files. It's strange that you had to
restart the server... what version of Firebird are you using? Maybe
it's a problem with the server?? Also, there is a bug in the
SQLTransformer that affects Firebird. The connection gets closed before
the data is retrieved, and it causes an error. I submitted a patch a
long time ago, but nobody seemed to pay any attention to it. I can
forward it to you if you get the connection working. Are there any
other errors related to the driver in the cocoon log? Maybe in the core
or error log files?
Brian

Re: Firebird with Cocoon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.