Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/07/31 23:02:19 UTC

Encoding of Unicode in source files

On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Harry Metske wrote:

> I do an Eclipse compare with the latest version (that is for the
> changed
> java sources, I did not do that for the Changelog, but will do next
> time).
>
> What Eclipse Text file encoding should I use, UTF-8 or ISO8859-1
> (ASCII).

I don't know. I think the UTF-8 is what is causing the weirdness but
don't know if ISO8859 is better.

Anyone know?

Craig

> just committed the corrections to the Changelog BTW.
>
> regards,
> Harry
>
> 2008/7/31 Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com>
>

>> On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Harry Metske wrote:
>>
>> yep, works now, thanks.
>>> I still have to find out where the Unicode char changes are coming
>>> from.....
>>>

>> Do you do svn diff before checking in? That might at least tell you
>> what is
>> changing, if not why or how...
>>
>> Craig
>>

>>> regards,
>>> Harry
>>>
>>> 2008/7/31 Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com>
>>>
>>> Hi Harry,

>>> --
>>> met vriendelijke groet,
>>> Harry Metske
>>> Telnr. +31-548-512395
>>> Mobile +31-6-51898081
>>>

>> Craig L Russell
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>

> --
> met vriendelijke groet,
> Harry Metske
> Telnr. +31-548-512395
> Mobile +31-6-51898081

Craig L Russell

Re: Encoding of Unicode in source files

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
You should also take a look at the Apache source code repository
configuration settings at http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

Regards,
 Florian

Re: Encoding of Unicode in source files

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Craig L Russell wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Harry Metske wrote:
>
>> I do an Eclipse compare with the latest version (that is for the changed
>> java sources, I did not do that for the Changelog, but will do next
>> time).
>>
>> What Eclipse Text file encoding should I use, UTF-8 or ISO8859-1 (ASCII).
>
> I don't know. I think the UTF-8 is what is causing the weirdness but
> don't know if ISO8859 is better.
>
> Anyone know?

The source is actually a mix: most of it is in UTF-8 but the localisation
files (I think all of them, but I'm not sure) are ISO8859.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record