Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Chefo <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/30 10:37:27 UTC

[Santuario JAVA] Usage of X509Certificate#getIssuerDN

Hi,

there are several places in the santuario-java codebase where
"java.security.cert.X509Certificate#getIssuerDN()" is used, which is
deprecated in favor of "getIssuerX500Principal()". There is an old jire
entry for replacing the method ->
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANTUARIO-85
The defect has been closed because back then xmlsec had to keep java 1.3
compatibility. Since this is not the case any more (xmlsec is built for
java 1.6, both source and target) could we update the usage?

Thanks,
Stefan

Re: [Santuario JAVA] Usage of X509Certificate#getIssuerDN

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
This is fixed by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANTUARIO-335

Thanks,

Colm.