Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org> on 2020/05/12 16:17:12 UTC

Re: life after Hortonworks

Matt

Here is the JIRA <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3211>for the
work done on Bigtop on Ambari mpack. Also BIGTOP-3264
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3264>, AMBARI-25366
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-25366>
Here is a helpful youtube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnyUQtF8ZyM>video
on using Ambari to install Bigtop stack. Here is a talk
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhC7_IYRPxI>about it as well. And here is
a wiki
<https://github.com/apache/bigtop/pull/555/commits/3b3af11341806567d5edf7a7cfbe20051c074988>page
on instructions.
Yes please, i would appreciate it if you can ask in the Bigtop dev mailing
list and you will get lots of help.

Univ of Michigan is an example customer who is using Ambari mpack with
Bigtop stack in production.

Thanks,
Ganesh

--
IRC: ganeshraju@#linaro on irc.freenode.ne <http://irc.freenode.net/>t

Re: life after Hortonworks

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.
Bigtopers
Please feel free to jump in / correct me.

Hi Matt

Agree, documentation could be improved.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+1.2.0

Here is the link <https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/>to
master branch CI on various distro.
Bigtop Docker hub <https://hub.docker.com/u/bigtop>

Additional documentation:
Here is a talk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DudUj0McwHQ>that walks
through the build and deployment process.
https://collaborate.linaro.org/display/BDTS/How+to+%27Consume%27+a+Bigtop+release+-+to+get+a+repository+URL
https://collaborate.linaro.org/display/BDTS/Bigtop+%28v1.3.0%29+Build%2C+Smoketest%2C+and+Deploy+on+Multiple+Physical+Machines

Thanks,
Ganesh