Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shaun Campbell <Sh...@entranet.co.uk> on 2001/08/21 10:42:33 UTC

Link error with mod_webapp

There was a thread going around a week or so ago about an error:

Linking Apache 1.3 WebApp Module
/home/shaun/tomcat-connectors/webapp/apr/libtool: mod_webapp.lo: command not
found
make[1]: *** [mod_webapp.so] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shaun/tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'
make: *** [local-all] Error 2

This appears to be to do with the timestamp command in the file
mod_webapp.lo.  Did it ever get resolved?

I am trying to build mod_webapp on RedHat Linux 7.1 and as you can see I too
have the error.

Thanks for any help.

Shaun

Re: Link error with mod_webapp

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Shaun Campbell at Shaun.Campbell@entranet.co.uk wrote:

> There was a thread going around a week or so ago about an error:
>
> Linking Apache 1.3 WebApp Module
> /home/shaun/tomcat-connectors/webapp/apr/libtool: mod_webapp.lo: command not
> found
> make[1]: *** [mod_webapp.so] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shaun/tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-1.3'
> make: *** [local-all] Error 2
>
> This appears to be to do with the timestamp command in the file
> mod_webapp.lo.  Did it ever get resolved?
>
> I am trying to build mod_webapp on RedHat Linux 7.1 and as you can see I too
> have the error.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Easy... What does "apxs -q LD_SHLIB" tells you? I believe it's not reporting
your DLL linker...

    Pier