Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Torsten Bronger <br...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> on 2005/08/28 01:03:04 UTC

sa-learn over already-scanned spam

Hallöchen!

I have a directory with my old spam.  Most of it has been recognised
by SA as such, so its body got replaced by an SA message with the
original body moved to an attachment.

If I pass this directory to sa-learn, will sa-learn detect the SA
part and skip over it, or do I have to fear that the SA messages
skew my bayes data?

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus            ICQ 264-296-646

Re: sa-learn over already-scanned spam

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> If I pass this directory to sa-learn, will sa-learn detect the SA
> part and skip over it, or do I have to fear that the SA messages
> skew my bayes data?

Normally SA will do the right thing and recognize the markup.  If this is
from a really old version of SA and you are learning on a recent version, I
suppose there could potentialy be problems.  However, I would tend to not
learn spam more than about 6 months old anyway.

        Loren