Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Scott Sanders <ss...@nextance.com> on 2002/05/29 07:33:06 UTC

RE: Digester - why is peekParams() package-protected?

Well, you _should_ start as protective as possible, and then open up
from there.

Sounds like you have a need for it to be public.  I have no objections.

Robert?  Craig?

Scott

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 29 May 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 19:36:05 +0100
> From: robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Digester - why is peekParams() package-protected?
>
> On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 06:33 AM, Scott Sanders wrote:
>
> > Well, you _should_ start as protective as possible, and then open up
> > from there.
> >
> > Sounds like you have a need for it to be public.  I have no objections.
> >
> > Robert?
>
> it'll be hard to code effective CallParamRule subclasses without making it
> public.
>
> so i'm +1

Likewise ... makes sense to me.

> - robert

Craig

Re: Digester - why is peekParams() package-protected?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.