Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Huizingh <jh...@nfusion.com> on 2009/02/19 16:59:54 UTC

Long query causes problems

I am using the solr search server for a project that I am working on.  I
am making pretty heavy use of facets, so the query string is already
pretty long but it does work.

I am working on a new feature that requires a lot of 'OR's and 'AND's in
the query, which makes the query string a lot longer.  When this
happens, the solr search stops working.  As I tail the solr log, the
query doesn't even show up in the log and there is no exception message
either.  It just seems to have no response at all.

I'm wondering if there is setting for the maximum length of a query
string in the solr config?  Is this something that I can change?

Does anybody have any other thoughts of why it would be failing without
any error message?

Thanks,

Jonathan Huizingh
Pronunciation: HI-zing

Re: Long query causes problems

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Could you paste an example of the query that fails?
Have you tried shortening it and finding the point where adding another AND/OR clause causes the query to break?

Otis