Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/06/22 23:48:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Proposal For Jakarta Sub Project For Web Application Components

There has been considerable interest over the last few weeks and months
concerning the possibility of a new Jakarta sub project similar to the
Jakarta Commons but aimed at independent reusable web application
components.

There are a number of matters which need to be discussed and ideas
developed. Anyone who is interested is invited to subscribe to the
general list at Jakarta (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html).

A start has been made at documenting some of these:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/CreatingCommonsForWebComponents.

- robert

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Proposal For Jakarta Sub Project For Web Application Components

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 16:11 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> > i considered posting this to one or more of the announcement lists in an
> > attempt to widen the audience but i didn't feel confident that it would
> > be appropriate or wise.
> >
> > opinions?
>
> IMO, it doesn't need to go to announcements lists at this point. People
> who are only on those lists are likely interested only in things that have
> become "real". When (if) the subproject is created, it might be more
> appropriate, but I don't feel a proposal is right for announcements@.
>
> I did, however, forward the message to taglibs-dev and taglibs-user, since
> they may end up with a vested interest in this.

I sent it over to Web Services as well.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Proposal For Jakarta Sub Project For Web Application Components

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.