Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Terala, Satish (IS Consultant)" <ST...@consultantemail.com> on 2007/03/01 00:16:13 UTC

Reading a property that is initialized in profile in POM

Hello

I am struggling with possibly that's a simple issue. I need to apply
filters to my resources based on the environment that I build for. For
example if building for local I want to use local.filter.properties as
the filter property file .

I am trying to do this by applying a profile for each environment.

But some how the variable for which the value is set inside the profile
definition still comes as a variable inside the build element.  Below is
the snippet of the code, can some one please help out. I think I am
making some basic mistake.

-Satish

<build>
		<filters>

<filter>src/main/filters/${envName}.filter.properties</filter>
		</filters>
		<resources>
			<resource>

				<filtering>true</filtering>