Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com> on 2010/07/02 08:14:23 UTC

[VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

We're voting on the source distributions available here:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/dist/

Specifically:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/dist/buildr-1.4.1.tgz
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/dist/buildr-1.4.1.zip

The documentation generated for this release is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/site/
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/site/buildr.pdf

The official specification against which this release was tested:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/site/specs.html

Test coverage report:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/site/coverage/index.html

The following changes were made since 1.4.0:

  * Added:  BUILDR-420 Support external compiler
  * Added:  BUILDR-425 Specify dev dependencies in .gemspec
  * Change: BUILDR-459 Update gemspec to accept json_pure ~> 1.4.3
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-455 cc_spec.rb l 160 depends on time and thus fails
intermittently
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-461 Packages with different ids collide
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-439 "The command line is too long" when running TestNG
tests
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-463 Setting a system property in the buildfile causes a
NoClassDefFoundError

This vote is opened for 72h!

Thanks,

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
The vote is closed. Thanks all! We have a new release!

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
We have 3 binding +1s, 0 +0s, 0 -1s.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Antoine,

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Thanks Daniel.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

>>> http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/dist/buildr-1.4.1.tgz<http://people.apache.org/%7Etoulmean/buildr/1.4.1/dist/buildr-1.4.1.tgz>

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Daniel,

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Antoine,

One small problem with this release -- it is misreporting its own version:

$ buildr _1.4.1_ --version
Buildr 1.4.0

(I notice that buildr has its version listed multiple places, which is presumably what led to this oversight.  I find that the following technique can DRY up this aspect of ruby gem maintenance:

Put the version constant in its own file:

# lib/buildr/version.rb
module Buildr
  VERSION = '1.4.1'
end

Load that file from both the main library file:

# lib/buildr.rb
require 'buildr/version'
# ...

And the gemspec:

# buildr.gemspec
require File.expand_path(__FILE__, '../lib/buildr/version.rb')
Gem::Specification.new do |spec|
  spec.name           = 'buildr'
  spec.version        = Buildr::VERSION
  # ...
end

)

Otherwise it looks fine to me.  I can confirm that BUILDR-463 is fixed.  Thanks for the quick turnaround on that one.

Rhett