Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jay n gaba <ja...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/02/15 09:59:42 UTC

Has anyone configured security example using Netscape Directory Structure

Hi
Has anyone tried to configure the security example provided with tomcat using jndirealm. It uses memoryrealm by default. I trying to configure it using netscape directory server running on unix with tomcat running on windows nt. I am able to connect to ldap but when run the application it always throws invalid user or password exception. I have made the entries as specified in How to to-Realm documentation.

please give me some direction. I am attaching the server.xml configuration.

thanks in advance

regards
jay

<Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
	connectionName="cn=tomcat,o=abc.org"
	connectionPassword="tomcat"
	connectionURL="ldap://abc2.xyz.org:8389/o=abc.org"
	roleBase="cn=roles,o=abc.org"
	roleName="cn"
	roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
	roleSubtree="false"
	userPassword="userpassword"
	userPattern="cn={0},o=abc.org"
	digest="SHA"/>

ldap entry :
dn: cn=tomcat,o=abc.org
cn: tomcat
userPassword: tomcat
sn: Tomcat User
objectclass: top
objectclass: person

# Define an entry to base role searches on
dn: dc=roles,o=abc.org
cn: roles
objectClass: person
sn: Roles Entry

# Define all members of the 'tomcat' role
dn: cn=tomcat,o=abc.org
cn: tomcat
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
uniqueMember: cn=tomcat,o=abc.org