Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> on 2016/02/21 19:09:00 UTC

Integration with Apache Apex (incubating)

Dear Ignite community,

Apache Apex (http://apex.incubator.apache.org/) is an in-memory stream
processing and analytics platform, built for scalability, low-latency
processing, high availability and operability. It has a pipeline processing
architecture can be used for real-time and batch processing. Apex runs
natively on YARN and HDFS.

Typical Apex applications integrate with external systems: ingestion, state
saving, lookup data for processing, land compute results for downstream
consumers etc. The Malhar library has a wide range of connectors and
compute functions readily available to assemble Apex applications.

I wanted to see if there is interest to develop Ignite integrations as part
of Malhar. Some ideas:

   - Checkpointing (
   https://www.datatorrent.com/blog/blog-introduction-to-checkpoint/) could
   use the IGFS (possibly with Ignite native integration of the storage agent
   interface).
   - Compute results could be stored in Ignite (example dimension
   computation
   https://www.datatorrent.com/blog/blog-dimensions-computation-aggregate-navigator-part-1-intro/
    )
   - Enrichment/lookup could be implemented with Ignite as storage layer.

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Integration with Apache Apex (incubating)

Posted by Vladisav Jelisavcic <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I just recently started working on this,
you can track progress here [1] and of course here [2],
we also started a separate thread here [3].

Best regards,
Vladisav

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2091
[3]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ignite-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCA+5xAo3jOuFk-NDbNrfDw-BckDC9ufRVmYW3x3FOZ=B771GQAg@mail.gmail.com%3E

Posted by sbiradar1975 <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hello D,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the Ignite community! Thanks for suggesting various ways to
integrate with Apache Apex. Give me a couple of days to look at it deeper
and respond.

D.