Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by ka...@nokia.com on 2010/04/28 20:50:47 UTC

Solr query question

Hi Solr-knowledgeable folks,

The LCF Solr SearchComponent plugin I'm developing doesn't quite work.  The query I'm trying to do is:

-(allow_token_document:*) and -(deny_token_document:*) and <the user's search>

The result I'm seeing is that everything in the user's search matches, unlike what I see in the admin UI, where the above query works perfectly.

The code I'm using to do the negative wildcard searches is as follows:

  public void prepare(ResponseBuilder rb) throws IOException
  {
      BooleanFilter bf = new BooleanFilter();

      // No authenticated user name; only return 'public' documents (those with no security tokens at all)
      // That query is:
      // (fieldAllowShare is empty AND fieldDenyShare is empty AND fieldAllowDocument is empty AND fieldDenyDocument is empty)

      // We're trying to map to:  -(fieldAllowShare:*) , which should be pretty efficient in Solr because it is negated.  If this turns out not to be so, then we should
      // have the SolrConnector inject a special token into these fields when they otherwise would be empty, and we can trivially match on that token.

      bf.add(new FilterClause(new WildcardFilter(new Term(fieldAllowDocument,"*")),BooleanClause.Occur.MUST_NOT));
      bf.add(new FilterClause(new WildcardFilter(new Term(fieldDenyDocument,"*")),BooleanClause.Occur.MUST_NOT));

     // Concatenate with the user's original query.
     FilteredQuery query = new FilteredQuery(rb.getQuery(),bf);
     rb.setQuery(query);
  }

Any hints welcome!
Karl