Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Matt <ma...@sgcib.com> on 2012/02/09 14:12:30 UTC

Problem DatePicker, ModalWindow and IE8

Hi everybody,

I've got some issue about the DatePicker.

I'm using Wicket 1.4.17 with wicket extension 1.4.17 as well.

I'v got a modal window, with a form and inside a datetextfield with a
datepicker. Everything is working fine with firefox but not with IE8.

In fact, i can display the calendar when i click on the calendar icon, i can
select a day (which closes the datepicker), but i can't close it with the
close button nor change the current month displayed ... .

When i put my mouse over one of those buttons (close or change month), i
don't have the "pointer" cursor and when i click it does nothing.

I don't have any javascript error neither.

I tried the datepicker on IE8 but not in a modal window, and it's working.

The only thing that succeded, is that a changed the css attribute "position"
of the close button (set to "relative"), and then i can click the button but
the style is broken and i the the text "Close" above the image in backround
(tried to fix the style then but it's a pain in the ass).

Here is some of my code :

/<form wicket:id="modalForm">
  </form>/

Panel added inside the modal :

/<form wicket:id="insideForm" class="form">
  <ul>
    <li> .......
<li>
 <label>Wicket message</label>
  <input wicket:id="date" type="text" ></input>
</li>/

Java code is "classical", may be not useful (as html may be lol).

I try hard to fix this but nothing is really working. Maybe it comes from
the way i'm doing it but i can't figure out where ... .

If somebody has an idea, or had and fixed this issue in the past ....

Thanks ^^

RE: Problem DatePicker, ModalWindow and IE8

Posted by Matt <ma...@sgcib.com>.

Mathieu Laurent
Objet Direct consultant for SGCIB ITEC
matthieu.laurent-ext@sgcib.com

Posted by Matt <ma...@sgcib.com>.
Wilhelmsen Tor Iver wrote

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> When i put my mouse over one of those buttons (close or change month), i don't have the "pointer" cursor and when i click it does nothing.

Welcome to the wonderful world of IE compatibility mode.

You probably need to add a DOCTYPE declaration to the top of your HTML:

- Tor Iver

Re: Problem DatePicker, ModalWindow and IE8

Posted by Matt <ma...@sgcib.com>.
Hi and thanks for the quick response.

I have already read this jira issue but it is not exactly the same as my
problem (though it's about ie8, so a fix woul be not to use it :p) ... i'm
really busy so i donno if can make a quickstart app ... .

Re: Problem DatePicker, ModalWindow and IE8

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There is an open issue about this:
Unfortunately it doesn't have a quickstart to debug.
Please attach one and we will try to fix it.
Thanks!

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Matt <ma...@sgcib.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've got some issue about the DatePicker.
>
> I'm using Wicket 1.4.17 with wicket extension 1.4.17 as well.
>
> I'v got a modal window, with a form and inside a datetextfield with a
> datepicker. Everything is working fine with firefox but not with IE8.
>
> In fact, i can display the calendar when i click on the calendar icon, i can
> select a day (which closes the datepicker), but i can't close it with the
> close button nor change the current month displayed ... .
>
> When i put my mouse over one of those buttons (close or change month), i
> don't have the "pointer" cursor and when i click it does nothing.
>
> I don't have any javascript error neither.
>
> I tried the datepicker on IE8 but not in a modal window, and it's working.
>
> The only thing that succeded, is that a changed the css attribute "position"
> of the close button (set to "relative"), and then i can click the button but
> the style is broken and i the the text "Close" above the image in backround
> (tried to fix the style then but it's a pain in the ass).
>
> Here is some of my code :
>
> /<form wicket:id="modalForm">
>  </form>/
>
> Panel added inside the modal :
>
> /<form wicket:id="insideForm" class="form">
>  <ul>
>    <li> .......
> <li>
>  <label>Wicket message</label>
>  <input wicket:id="date" type="text" ></input>
> </li>/
>
> Java code is "classical", may be not useful (as html may be lol).
>
> I try hard to fix this but nothing is really working. Maybe it comes from
> the way i'm doing it but i can't figure out where ... .
>
> If somebody has an idea, or had and fixed this issue in the past ....
>
> Thanks ^^

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

RE: Problem DatePicker, ModalWindow and IE8

Posted by Matt <ma...@sgcib.com>.

Mathieu Laurent
Objet Direct consultant for SGCIB ITEC
matthieu.laurent-ext@sgcib.com

I tried few oher things (manly css customization), but nothing relevent ... .

May be i should not use the datepicker, or use another one ...
________________________________
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Problem-DatePicker-ModalWindow-and-IE8-tp4372772p4383181.html
                              ************

Posted by Matt <ma...@sgcib.com>.
Any other idea ???

I tried few oher things (manly css customization), but nothing relevent ...
.

Posted by François Meillet <fm...@meillet.com>.
Hi Mathieu,

Have you try to modify (or set) the CSS "z-index" property (link the the "position" property) of the div that cover the close button

François

Posted by Matt <ma...@sgcib.com>.

Mathieu Laurent
Objet Direct consultant for SGCIB ITEC
matthieu.laurent-ext@sgcib.com

I have already added a form around my modal window. It resolved some other issues i had at the begining, but not the "i can't use the close button nor the change month ones".

I'll have a quick look at your framework if it can help me ... .

Thx ^^
________________________________
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Problem-DatePicker-ModalWindow-and-IE8-tp4372772p4375593.html

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
I had a similar problem. After trying many things the only solution was
to do as the devs suggested: make sure the ModalWindow that opens the
modal with the form in it is ITSELF in a form. Not sure why this is the
only way to get modal forms with DatePickers working on IE 8 - it just
is.

We fixed this in the Wicketstuff ModalX framework by setting up n
ModalWindowS each enclosed in a form - all set up in your base page
class. This ensures that every page in your app has available at any
time n 'already form wrapped' ModalWindowS to you. N is chosen by the
developer to be the maximum number of nested forms that you will ever
need. 2-3 is fine for most apps. 3 is good because it allows nesting to
2 levels of modals + 1 for an extra ModalX MessageBox if required to
alert the user while on the 2 form.