Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jake Kugel <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/30 13:24:56 UTC

Posting a bulletin from a script in ExecuteScript

Hello,

I've created a Python script to process flowfiles within an
ExecuteScript processor following the good example from here:

http://funnifi.blogspot.com/2016/03/executescript-json-to-json-revisited.html

I'm curious if it is possible for my script to post a bulletin to the
ExecuteScript processor in the event of an error.  Is it possible for a
script within ExecuteScript to post a bulletin, or are bulletin only
intended for the nifi framework itself to display errors?

Thank you,
Jake

Re: Posting a bulletin from a script in ExecuteScript

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Jake,

Anything that is logged to a processor's logger will create a bulletin. So from your script, you should be able
to do something like:

log.warn("Something interesting happened")

And that would generate a WARNING level bulletin. The 'Settings' tab of the processor allows you to configure
the minimum bulletin level that will actually show on the UI.

Does this make sense?

Thanks
-Mark

Posted by Jake Kugel <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for both replies, tried it and it was exactly what I was looking
for.  Thanks,

Jake

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.
Jake,