Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Борисов Вячеслав Владимирович <sl...@bystrobank.ru> on 2015/08/24 13:33:59 UTC

JAXRSClientFactory and "untyped" application/xml

Hi All!

I have web-service which accepts any application/xml

                <request>
                    <param name="xml" type="xsd:string" style="query"/>
                    <param name="xsd" type="xsd:string" style="query"/>
                    <param name="xsl" type="xsd:string" style="query"/>
                    <representation mediaType="application/xml"/>
                </request>

Can I describe it using java-interface which is acceptable by JAXRSClientFactory to create proxy?
I know that interfaces with jaxb-beans as params  works without problem, they are simply serialized to application/xml and posted.

But is there possibility to do it with String, XMLSource or any other type, not jaxb bean ?

Re: JAXRSClientFactory and "untyped" application/xml

Posted by Борисов Вячеслав Владимирович <sl...@bystrobank.ru>.

On Понедельник 24 Август 2015 18:21 SAMT, Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> You can use InputStream and process it internally as required.
> Or may be you can introduce a custom type, say AnyXmlType, that will
> have methods such as
> .asInputStream(), asType(Class), etc
>
> and support this type by a custom MessageBodyReader/Writer

Thanks Sergey, i added  <extraarg>-repMap</extraarg>
<extraarg>application/xml=java.io.InputStream</extraarg>
and its worked for bout request and response

Re: JAXRSClientFactory and "untyped" application/xml

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can use InputStream and process it internally as required.
Or may be you can introduce a custom type, say AnyXmlType, that will
have methods such as
.asInputStream(), asType(Class), etc

and support this type by a custom MessageBodyReader/Writer

Sergey