Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by sa...@ca.ibm.com on 2003/03/11 17:30:45 UTC

Re: PSVI: no-union typeDefinition has membertype

Sounds like a bug to me. *After* you create a new bug report, you can open
that report and attach files to it.

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255
sandygao@ca.ibm.com

                      "Carla Spruit"
                      <carla@x-hive.com        To:       <xe...@xml.apache.org>
                      >                        cc:
                                               Subject:  PSVI: no-union typeDefinition has membertype
                      03/11/2003 08:46
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      xerces-j-user

Hi,

When parsing an MPEG7 description document with validation, I find
several attributes with the following properties:

- the corresponding AttributePSVI has a type definition of instance
XSSimpleTypeDefintion
- the simple type definition has a variety which is not equal to
XSSimpleTypeDefinition.VARIETY_UNION.
- the AttributePSVI has a memberTypeDefinition.

According to the XML Schema API, this is not possible. Are there any
circumstances where membertypes are found while no unions are involved?

I have a sample program that can reproduce the case, however, the
data-set is rather large.
If this is a bug I would like to report it in Bugzilla. Is there a way
to attach files to the bugreport?

Thanks in advance,

Carla Spruit

X-Hive Corporation (www.x-hive.com)