Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Kirk Knoernschild <pr...@kirkk.com> on 2012/04/02 20:02:15 UTC

[ANN] Java Application Architecture: Modularity Patterns with Examples Using OSGi

Apologies for the blatant advertisement, but want to let you all know that my book, Java Application Architecture: Modularity Patterns with Examples Using OSGi is now available. The book's homepage is http://modularity.kirkk.com.

Ironically, the book may not be an ideal fit for those of you already highly proficient with OSGi. It's sweet spot is in helping you articulate the benefits of modularity and designing software applications with a modular architecture in the absence of a good module framework like OSGi. Once folks experience the benefits of modular architecture, their increase in a module framework will hopefully increase too.

If you experience this type of adoption hurdle, or know others that do, you may find the book interesting. thanx.

Kirk Knoernschild
http://www.kirkk.com
http://techdistrict.kirkk.com
http://planet.kirkk.com
twitter: pragkirk

Re: [ANN] Java Application Architecture: Modularity Patterns with Examples Using OSGi

Posted by Hynek Cihlar <hy...@gmail.com>.
Kirk, thank you for the notice. The book is wonderful!

Hynek

Posted by Caspar MacRae <ea...@gmail.com>.
You've certainly got Uncle Bob excited =)