Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/06 23:21:00 UTC

Short term road map for Wicket 1.3

Hi,

I know we've been here before, but that was a couple of months ago,
and opinions might have changed by now.

What are your ideas about the /immediate/ roadmap for Wicket 1.3? I'm
interested to learn what the first things will be that people will be
working on when we start 1.3, and/ or what everyone's most important
wishes are for this version.

I'm not totally sure myself, but as Teachscape is nearing production
and a conversion to 2.0 seems unlikely, I'm very interested in
anything that will help it scale better:

* SecondLevelCacheSessionStore
* deferred sessions
* stateless components (forms, links, but basically what we have now in 2.0).

Of course, you opinions make more sense if you are planning on helping
with implementing them, and if you have no real pressing wishes, don't
state them here :)

Eelco

Re: Short term road map for Wicket 1.3

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
That was my personal roadmap :)

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
well, my personal todo then :P

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
   - Fix license header stuff

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
> * SecondLevelCacheSessionStore
> * deferred sessions
> * stateless components (forms, links, but basically what we have now in
> 2.0).

those 3 are on my list and i think i will do them as soon as possible (this
week
if 1.x opens up..)

johan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Short term road map for Wicket 1.3

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 11/7/06, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> all im saying is that it wont really be "backporting" more of a "rewrite"
> without the object param change

OK semantics, semantics ;-)

Martijn

--
for <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/stuff/wicket">Wicket</a>
at the <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/">Best Stuff in

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Short term road map for Wicket 1.3

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks Johan!

Eelco

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
> "undo" the constructor change and generics :)

Go ahead Matej!
Removing all the MainContainer parent from all the constructors is easy
Just fine a good find and replace script.. ;)
Then you still have about 10 hours straight work to fix everything..
But the result is of course perfect!

johan

P.S. don't forget to rollback the changes that we have now because we have
the constructor change then..

:)

Re: Short term road map for Wicket 1.3

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@chello.nl>.
If you're going that far, why not keep that too?
Then Wicket 1.3 would simply be a Java 1.4 port of Wicket 2.0 :)

(Okay okay, you'll loose backward compatibility.)

      Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten

Re: Short term road map for Wicket 1.3

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@knopp.sk>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
LDM thread is:

http://www.nabble.com/LoadableDetachableModel%3A-remove-boolean-attached-tf2553764.html

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 11/6/06, Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> * SecondLevelCacheSessionStore
> * deferred sessions
> * stateless components (forms, links, but basically what we have now in 2.0).

+1 on all, and add:
* nested forms
* validator changes
* IModel hierarchy improvements
* API clean up ([re]move RequiredTextField?)

* reference guide

Martijn