Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Nguyen <se...@duskyblue.net> on 2003/02/08 10:05:15 UTC

ActionError using another MessageResource file

Quick question for anyone on this dev list. Is there a current method to
have ActionError's key/value look into another message-resources that is
defined in struts-config.xml instead of it looking into the default
message-resources?

For example this is the message-resources I have defined in my
struts-config.xml:
<message-resources parameter="resources.ApplicationResources"/>
<message-resources key="commons" parameter="resources.CommonsResources"/>
<message-resources key="supplier" parameter="resources.SupplierResources"/>

When I add an error for instance errors.add(KEY); The KEY only works if I
have it in the default message-resources, which in my example is the
ApplicationResources. What I would like to do is to somehow have my KEY in
CommonsResources and still be able to use my error KEYs defined in the
'commons' message-resources bundle.

Now I've looked at the API for both ActionErrors and ActionError and have
found nothing on selecting the message-resources bundle.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. =)

James Nguyen
I/T Professional