Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Mark Libucha <ml...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/10 19:03:26 UTC

ORA-16000 when closing connection to a db open for read-only access

At the very end of my Sqoop job, after all the data has been transferred
from my db with read-only access, my mappers fail in connection.commit()
because that is causing some kind of write to the database.

Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Error: java.io.IOException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00604: error
occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-16000: database open for read-only
access ORA-06512: at line 5 at
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBRecordReader.close(DBRecordReader.java:173)
at