Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/09 18:16:07 UTC

Site organization, including links to recipes and various tutorials

I’ve given the links to the recipes page and the getting started tutorial (for instance) to people and they’ve said, “hey wow, this is great stuff.  I wish I had this like last week!”  I see that the only place those are currently is the TinkerPop home page.  So I wondered what a better place for those would be.  Should we put them near the top of the docs page as well?  Any thoughts on perhaps reorganizing the home page?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Re: Site organization, including links to recipes and various tutorials

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
It took me a a while but I figured out how to inject the project version
from the maven pom directly into javadoc. I guess the approach ended up
being pretty simple and just uses filtering with the maven resources
plugin, but it seemed like a hacky way to implement it. I thought for sure
there would be something built directly into the maven javadoc plugin, but
sadly I could come up with no such solution. Anyway, this change lets us to
better cross-reference our javadoc with our reference docs which is
something we've ignored a bit (mostly because we've never had this nice way
to link to those documents without the "version variable").

I've started to complete the javadoc on GraphTraversal and cross-reference
that to the reference docs with @see tags. If you ever feel the need to
link from javadoc to the Reference Docs you can see the pattern that I've
started in GraphTraversal at this point on the tp32/mastter branch. I still
have a little ways to go with GraphTraversal to get that all javadoc'd - i
suspect I might finish a rough pass at it all by end of day tomorrow.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.