Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by raja_m <ra...@portaltech.co.uk> on 2010/01/08 13:26:32 UTC

Search on Partial keywords

Hi,
I am using solr for my faceted search implementation. It is an e-commerce
site and the facets are based on product attributes.

I have added product code to my index. The search works well if the user
enters the complete product code. However if some one enters a partial code,
the search is failing.

For example, if the product code is ABD019T, if the user enters ABD0 or
ABD01 or ABD019 the search fails to bring any results. But the search for
ABD brings the correct result.

Could you please let me know why I am seeing this behaviour?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Raja

Re: Search on Partial keywords

Posted by raja_m <ra...@portaltech.co.uk>.
Hi Erick,
Thanks for replying. Please find the schema definitions below.

    <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <filter
class="uk.co.portaltech.quicklive.facet.spellcheck.analyzer.QuickLiveSynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
        <filter
class="uk.co.portaltech.quicklive.facet.spellcheck.analyzer.QuickLiveSynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

Regards,