Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2002/12/09 07:18:25 UTC

[Announce]: XML-Xerces-2.0.0-1

Hey All,

I was able to get the final kinks twisted out of the 2.0 code, and so
I can now release a fully functional 2.0 codebase! Due to a strange
multiple inheritance bug that shows up only in uses of DOMDocument
this was delayed for almost a year.

I don't know when (if ever) I'll have a release for 2.1, but I'm
working on it. The primary issue is that Xerces-C has switched over to
using C++ namespaces and I'll have to learn how to handle that in SWIG
before I can make a release. Given that 2.2 is due out this month, I
might not get the switch finished before then, so we might miss a
version.

I can't tell you what a relief it is to get this code finally working.

Enjoy,
jas.

PS. It's available at the usual place:

  http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-p/stable/

Re: [Announce]: XML-Xerces-2.0.0-1

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> writes:

> PS. It seems I just got 2.1 to compile... So we may have the shortest
> major release in history ;-)

XML-Xerces-2.1.0-0 is available from the experimental directory, it
seems to work fine, but I'll leave it there for a few days before
announcing an official release.

Cheers,
jas.

PS. The URL is:

  http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-p/experimental/

Re: [Announce]: XML-Xerces-2.0.0-1

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> writes:

> I was able to get the final kinks twisted out of the 2.0 code, and so
> I can now release a fully functional 2.0 codebase!

I was looking over my code and I noticed that there *may* be a
dependancy placed on having gcc to get this working. I'm importing
symbols from GCCDefs.hpp in order to build Xerces.C. Let me know if
this doesn't work anyone.

jas.

Re: [Announce]: XML-Xerces-2.0.0-1

Posted by Guillaume Morin <gu...@morinfr.org>.
Hi Jason,

Dans un message du 09 Dec à  9:07, Jason E. Stewart écrivait :
> I'll upload a new version today, please test it out if you can, and
> let me know what happens.

Ok, I'll test your new version as soon as it will be uploaded.

Guillaume Morin <gu...@morinfr.org>

                             La vie est facétieuse

Re: [Announce]: XML-Xerces-2.0.0-1

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Guillaume Morin" <gu...@morinfr.org> writes:

> Dans un message du 09 Dec à 13:57, Guillaume Morin écrivait :
> > t/DOMEntity...............FAILED test 3
> >         Failed 1/3 tests, 66.67% okay
> > t/DOMPrint................FAILED test 2
> >         Failed 1/2 tests, 50.00% okay
> > t/Schema..................WARNING:
> > t/Schema..................ok 2/3FILE:
> > LINE:    0
> > COLUMN:  0
> > MESSAGE: An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException,
> > Message:Warning: The primary document entity could not be
> > opened. Id=personal.xsd at t/Schema.t line 55

Hey Guillaume!

The schema warning has been around for a long time. I'll fix it soon.

The DOMEntity failure just happened - I indicate three tests when
there are only two :-(

The DOMPrint problem I didn't see.

Re: [Announce]: XML-Xerces-2.0.0-1

Posted by Guillaume Morin <gu...@morinfr.org>.
Dans un message du 09 Dec à 13:57, Guillaume Morin écrivait :
> t/DOMEntity...............FAILED test 3
>         Failed 1/3 tests, 66.67% okay
> t/DOMPrint................FAILED test 2
>         Failed 1/2 tests, 50.00% okay
> t/Schema..................WARNING:
> t/Schema..................ok 2/3FILE:
> LINE:    0
> COLUMN:  0
> MESSAGE: An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException,
> Message:Warning: The primary document entity could not be
> opened. Id=personal.xsd at t/Schema.t line 55

Some more information: it is a Debian sid with libxerces20-dev. I've
tested that on PPC and x86. I got exactly the same failed tests on both
archs.

--
Guillaume Morin <gu...@morinfr.org>

              Why critize what you don't understand ? (Sepultura)

Re: [Announce]: XML-Xerces-2.0.0-1

Posted by Guillaume Morin <gu...@morinfr.org>.
Dans un message du 08 Dec à 23:18, Jason E. Stewart écrivait :
> I was able to get the final kinks twisted out of the 2.0 code, and so
> I can now release a fully functional 2.0 codebase! Due to a strange
> multiple inheritance bug that shows up only in uses of DOMDocument
> this was delayed for almost a year.

I have built but some test fail. Do you got any ideas ?

t/DOMEntity...............FAILED test 3
        Failed 1/3 tests, 66.67% okay
t/DOMPrint................FAILED test 2
        Failed 1/2 tests, 50.00% okay
t/Schema..................WARNING:
t/Schema..................ok 2/3FILE:
LINE:    0
COLUMN:  0
MESSAGE: An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException,
Message:Warning: The primary document entity could not be
opened. Id=personal.xsd at t/Schema.t line 55

The other tests are OK.

--
Guillaume Morin <gu...@morinfr.org>

                N'oublie pas ton sourire pour ce soir si tu sors
              Un jury t'attend, n'injurie pas le sort (Noir Désir)