Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by sundar v <su...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/22 14:21:45 UTC

problem in classpath

hello,
  i have placed all the files of the example velocity servlet  in the appropriate location in tomcat\webapps directory as given in the documentation.
  i started tomcat and when i access the page from the browser
  the problem i get is

  exception report
  the server encountered an internal problem

  and i get the following error from tomcat

  PANIC : Velocity cannot find any of the specified or default logging systems in
the classpath, or the classpath doesn't contain the necessary classes to support
 them. Please consult the documentation regarding logging. Exception : java.lang
.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log/format/Formatter

  what should i give in the classpath
  please reply me
  V.Sundar

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: problem in classpath

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi Sundar,

The Velocity servlet examples have a couple of problems with some more
recent versions of Tomcat.  We're deprecating the VelocityServlet and
pulling the examples from the next release.

Instead, we recommend you try the VelocityViewServlet from the Velocity
Tools project (a separate download from the Velocity page).  It has a larger
user base and is better supported.  There's a nice tutorial that goes with
it.

WILL