Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bulentcamel <bu...@vt.edu> on 2013/10/14 17:05:39 UTC

Amazon SQS listener as multi-threaded

Hi,

I'm using the Camel Amazon SQS plugin to get messages from an Amazon SQS. It
works fine but it is not very efficient for my purposes. I would like to
figure out how I can make things run faster by listening to the queue in
parallel and retrieve multiple messages from multiple listeners. If I don't
do that, my listener listens to the messages and retrieves a batch of
messages and waits until those are processed to be able to pick the next
batch. This is very slow.

What would be the best way to achieve this? Is there any other Camel tool
that can help me or do I need to implement my thread pool and try to use the
camel route in each thread? I'm not even sure if the second option is even
possible.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Bulent

Re: Amazon SQS listener as multi-threaded

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yah, open a JIRA. We should make the SQS client able to consume
concurrently.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM, bulentcamel <bu...@vt.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the Camel Amazon SQS plugin to get messages from an Amazon SQS.
> It
> works fine but it is not very efficient for my purposes. I would like to
> figure out how I can make things run faster by listening to the queue in
> parallel and retrieve multiple messages from multiple listeners. If I don't
> do that, my listener listens to the messages and retrieves a batch of
> messages and waits until those are processed to be able to pick the next
> batch. This is very slow.
>
> What would be the best way to achieve this? Is there any other Camel tool
> that can help me or do I need to implement my thread pool and try to use
> the
> camel route in each thread? I'm not even sure if the second option is even
> possible.
>
> I appreciate any input.
>
> Thanks!
> Bulent