Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Alex Blewitt <Al...@ioshq.com> on 2003/08/16 13:06:32 UTC

[BUILD] need to build twice?

When I did a 'maven clean' and then 'maven', it built all of the
modules individually, but it didn't copy the files into
target/geronimo/classes or target/geronimo/geronimo-DEV.

It was only when I re-ran maven that it put the files into the main
target/ directory.

Perhaps there's something that needs to be reordered in the build
process?

Alex.

Re: [BUILD] need to build twice?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
Nope, I still get:

target
target/classes
target/geronimo-DEV.jar
target/test-classes
target/test-reports

 From a build.

--jason

Re: [BUILD] need to build twice?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.

Re: [BUILD] need to build twice?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Re: [BUILD] need to build twice?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
For some reason the root project is building classes... not sure why at
this point, but I hope to get that turned off.  Eventually the root
target will contain a geronimo-${pom.currentVersion} which will contain
the release structure, but this has not been implemented yet... perhaps
I will get to that in a few days.

--jason

Re: [BUILD] need to build twice?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Running

	maven build

in the geronimo directory will install all the jars in your local maven
repository. For a clean build do

	maven rebuild

I don't follow what you mean by target/geronimo....

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 12:06  pm, Alex Blewitt wrote:

> When I did a 'maven clean' and then 'maven', it built all of the
> modules individually, but it didn't copy the files into
> target/geronimo/classes or target/geronimo/geronimo-DEV.
>
> It was only when I re-ran maven that it put the files into the main
> target/ directory.
>
> Perhaps there's something that needs to be reordered in the build
> process?
>
> Alex.

James
-------