Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> on 2016/08/02 13:17:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 0.6.1

This is the vote thread for Qpid Dispatch Router 0.6.1 (RC1).  Please
test and vote:

     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/0.6.1-rc1/

Changes since 0.6.0:

DISPATCH-341 - router did not respond to request to drain a message-
                routed consumers link credit
DISPATCH-364 - Inter-router listeners should not permit normal endpoint
                traffic
DISPATCH-365 - Standalone router crashes if an interior router attempts
                to connect to it
DISPATCH-366 - When delivery fails the router sends the RELEASED
                disposition, not MODIFIED
DISPATCH-367 - balanced distribution needs to be more... balanced.
DISPATCH-387 - Router core dumps with misbehaving client
DISPATCH-410 - console build fixups
DISPATCH-443 - Reverse name lookup on listener connections can hang the
                entire router
DISPATCH-460 - Regression: Link-routed dynamic sources don't work

Thanks,

-Ted

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 0.6.1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 2 August 2016 at 14:17, Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> wrote:
> This is the vote thread for Qpid Dispatch Router 0.6.1 (RC1).  Please test
> and vote:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/0.6.1-rc1/
>
> Changes since 0.6.0:
>
> DISPATCH-341 - router did not respond to request to drain a message-
>                routed consumers link credit
> DISPATCH-364 - Inter-router listeners should not permit normal endpoint
>                traffic
> DISPATCH-365 - Standalone router crashes if an interior router attempts
>                to connect to it
> DISPATCH-366 - When delivery fails the router sends the RELEASED
>                disposition, not MODIFIED
> DISPATCH-367 - balanced distribution needs to be more... balanced.
> DISPATCH-387 - Router core dumps with misbehaving client
> DISPATCH-410 - console build fixups
> DISPATCH-443 - Reverse name lookup on listener connections can hang the
>                entire router
> DISPATCH-460 - Regression: Link-routed dynamic sources don't work
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ted

+1

I checked the RC out as follows:
 - Verified signature and checksum.
 - Checked LICENCE+NOTICE present.
 - Built the router against an install of Proton 0.13.1 release.
 - Ran the JMS client HelloWorld example against the earlier built router.
 - Verified the 'drain' issue noted for 0.6.0 is fixed in 0.6.1 by the
change made.

Robbie

[VOTE RESULT] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 0.6.1

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
This vote has passed with six +1 votes (five binding).  Thank you for
testing and voting.

-Ted

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1

I built it from source code and run some of my tests including connections
to Qpid C++ broker and various clients.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1

* Downloaded distribution
* Verified checksums
* Verified that patch to DISPATCH-367 and relevant units tests are present.
* Ran all unit tests successfully

Thanks.

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1

 - passes oslo functional tests, simulator, and test clients

> This is the vote thread for Qpid Dispatch Router 0.6.1 (RC1).  Please
> test and vote:
>
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/0.6.1-rc1/
>
> Changes since 0.6.0:
>
> DISPATCH-341 - router did not respond to request to drain a message-
>                 routed consumers link credit
> DISPATCH-364 - Inter-router listeners should not permit normal endpoint
>                 traffic
> DISPATCH-365 - Standalone router crashes if an interior router attempts
>                 to connect to it
> DISPATCH-366 - When delivery fails the router sends the RELEASED
>                 disposition, not MODIFIED
> DISPATCH-367 - balanced distribution needs to be more... balanced.
> DISPATCH-387 - Router core dumps with misbehaving client
> DISPATCH-410 - console build fixups
> DISPATCH-443 - Reverse name lookup on listener connections can hang the
>                 entire router
> DISPATCH-460 - Regression: Link-routed dynamic sources don't work
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ted

-K