Posted to user@hive.apache.org by zhangjp <sm...@hotmail.com> on 2015/03/11 12:12:07 UTC

when start hive could not generate log file

when  i  run command  " hive" , the message as follows[@xxx/]# hive
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.LogUtils).
Logging initialized using configuration in file:/search/apache-hive-0.13.1-bin/conf/hive-log4j.properties‍

My hive-log4j.properties use the default template. but when I run "find -name hive.log" couldn't find any file.‍

Re: when start hive could not generate log file

Posted by zhangjp <sm...@hotmail.com>.
I don't find any log.  I updated the log dir in hive-log4j.properties ,but it also didn't work.‍

From:  "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang";<jz...@hortonworks.com>;
Date:  Fri, Mar 13, 2015 08:50 AM
To:  "user@hive.apache.org"<us...@hive.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: when start hive could not generate log file

 By default, hive.log is located in /tmp/${user}/hive.log

  Best Regard,
 Jeff Zhang

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.