Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by sedo <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 12:37:03 UTC

cxf RESTful samples - addCustomer (by http POST) doesn't work

I write my own sample according to restful_http_binding
But when using Client and addCustomer(Customer c) method, it throws
something like this:
(same thing when I add addCustomer method to the client in cxf sample):
pls help :-/

org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
INFO: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.
        at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:64)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:207)
        at
org.apache.cxf.binding.http.interceptor.DatabindingOutSetupInterceptor.handleMessage(DatabindingOutSetupInterceptor.java:91)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:207)
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:254)
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:205)
        at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:135)
        at $Proxy25.addPerson(Unknown Source)
        at sk.posam.ws.restwebservice.client.Client.main(Client.java:43)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1863)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1791)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:66)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:575)
        at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)
        ... 9 more
Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.ws.http.HTTPException
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:147)
        at $Proxy25.addPerson(Unknown Source)
        at sk.posam.ws.restwebservice.client.Client.main(Client.java:43)
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.
[...]
        ... 2 more

Re: cxf RESTful samples - addCustomer (by http POST) doesn't work

Posted by Jervis Liu <je...@iona.com>.
Hi, at the moment, there are two technologies one can use to build RESTful
services in CXF, namely CXF HTTP Binding and CXF JSR-311 (JAX-RS). Sedo is
actually using CXF HTTP Binding, while Barry is refering to CXF JSR-311
(because the @ConsumeMime annotation only exists in JSR-311). I know this is
a bit confusing, well the basic message we can send out is that people are
encouraged to move to CXF JSR-311, because it is standard based and the
development activities around CXF JSR-311 impl are much more active than CXF
Http binding.

Sedo, to answer your question, the stack trace shows that your server is not
responding. Check your server port number and address, or if there is any
exceptions in your server console.

Hope this helps,
Jervis

Posted by sedo <se...@gmail.com>.