Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by "Starch, Michael D (398J)" <Mi...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2014/03/18 01:24:17 UTC

Mesos Cluster Size

Hello All,

I will be using Mesos for a research task at JPL under Chris Mattmann.

I would like to know what a recommended size of a Mesos cluster should be.  My intentions are to develop a distributed processing system using the BDAS stack including a scheduler running as a mesos framework.  Is there a "good" size for a development cluster?

I am sure as time goes on, I will need to adapt, but I am hoping for advice on a starting point.

Many Thanks,

Michael Starch

Re: Mesos Cluster Size

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
If you use vagrant you could bring up a cluster on a single host :)

That said, to mimic a HA environment, you might want to have 1 zookeeper
server, 2 masters, 2 schedulers and 2 slaves. Some of these could be
co-located (e.g., masters and schedulers).

Cheers,